Buttermilk Lime Dressing:
- 1 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 lime, juiced
- 1/3 cup well shaken buttermilk
- 2 tablespoons chopped cilantro leaves
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 clove garlic, finely chopped
- 2 romaine hearts finely chopped
- 1 bunch green onions, sliced
- 1 (15-ounce) can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes, sliced in 1/2
- 1 cup corn kernels, defrosted if frozen
- 4 red radishes, sliced
- 1 red bell pepper, seeded and chopped
Whisk together the apple cider vinegar, honey, lime juice, buttermilk, cilantro, garlic and salt and pepper, to taste, together in a small bowl.Add the romaine, green onions, black beans, tomatoes, corn, radishes, and bell peppers to a large salad bowl. Add the dressing, toss and serve immediately.
We had a lot of fun, played Spinner, and then the kids all went to see Fast and Furious Five.... one of my son's favorite series of movies due to the fast cars.... When Fast and Furious Two (whatever the name is)came out, he got enough friends together including me... and we rented the theater at midnight the day it premiered...
Today is day one of testing at school... Gotta fly... Have a great week...