Tuesday, September 16, 2014

Chicken Delight


("Yes! Eat chicken! Not goose or duck!")

Last night it just seemed like Mom needed a perk me up... Being our family, that usually means something home cooked... I, on the other hand, had been on full blown cleaning mode in the pantry/laundry room... So I was fresh in the knowledge of what we had, I guess. I threw together (a la "Chopped") a Chicken dish that was yummy! Thought I'd share.

In big skillet... In about three T. Olive oil.... Sautè one chopped onion, 2 ribs celery chopped, I small can drained, sliced mushrooms, 1 small can drained, sliced water chestnuts, I small jar drained roasted red pepper, salt, pepper, 1 can cream of mushroom soup, and I large can chunk chicken.

You could add other things or leave something out... This would have made a good soup with some chicken broth... It would be good spooned over biscuits or toast... Or rice...

However...

I boiled about half bag of curly egg noodles. I partially drained them and mixed with sauce in big bowl! It was a little soupy last night but just fine. Today that extra soup went into those noodles!
P.S. I discovered a seasoning salt called Soul Food... It's rather yum.

You'll have to try this! Mom loved it!


4 comments:

  1. What a delicious looking chicken dish! I love, love that blue casserole dish, it's so pretty! I'm a huge blue and white fan! Lovely shot of the country!

    Thanks for dropping in to say hello!

    Have a fun weekend!

    Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a delicious looking chicken dish! I love, love that blue casserole dish, it's so pretty! I'm a huge blue and white fan! Lovely shot of the country!

    Thanks for dropping in to say hello!

    Have a fun weekend!

    Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a delicious dish. Made it for dinner tonight and the family loved it. Will be preparing this one again. Thanks for the recipe.
    A new reader.
    Ginger Smith

    ReplyDelete
  4. I vote for spooning this marvelous concoction over rice! YUM!!! Your newest follower..... Candy

    ReplyDelete